Berlin at a Glance
The German capital with a population of about 3.5 million is located at the rivers Spree and Havel in the North-Eastern part of Germany. After the fall of the wall more than 25 years ago and the peaceful reunification of Germany on October 3, 1990, Berlin became the seat of the German Parliament and government in 1999. Berlin is a cosmopolitan metropolis with outstanding sites of cultural and historic interest.
Points of Interest
- Seminaris Conference Center and hoteI: ICSE-7 conference office opens at 8 am daily (on June 5 at 6 pm)
- Best Western Plus hotel: Adjacent to shopping mall “Das Schloss” and shopping area “Schlossstraße”
- Botanic Garden: Just relax amid flowers and trees between the two conference hotels
- Radio Tower and Berlin Fair: The beautiful viewpoint in the City West
- Kurfürsten Damm: A famous shopping and entertainment area
- Brandenburger Tor: The heart of Berlin, former border area
- Friedrichstadt-Palace: The Berlin variety show palace
- TV Tower and City Hall: The beautiful viewpoint in the City East, shopping and dining around
- River Spree: Boat trip departure on Wednesday at Riedel pier Haus der Kulturen der Welt, 4 p.m.
- East Side Gallery: Berlin art at the former wall
- Capitol Yard Golf Lounge: Conference dinner from 6 pm to 10 pm